Monday, September 22, 2008

Binding

I will be cutting the binding today, It all has to be cut at 45 degrees so it will be a little tricky. Maknig sure that it does not move then sewing it all to gether and ironing it all then winding it on to a cardboard bobbin so that it is easier to work with when it comes time to bind it.

I also rememered something that I didn't count into my hours spent yet.... Each of the white center "squares" are cut out of satin.... that means that each one had to be backed by muslin so that it would not be to weak to hold together, so I backed each peice with muslin and zig zagged the edges so that it would not fray.. I think I spent a good 2 hours just doing that it was a lot of work but it should not fall apart!!!

I only have 5 more designs then the quilting is done!!!!

1 comment:

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Hi there:

Couldn't reply to the comment you left on my blog as your settings are on no reply :-(. I got the "What a Friend we have in Jesus" fabric in 1998, I think, at Mary Jo's Fabrics in North Carolina...I forget the name of the city..starts with a "G"? Good Mary Jo's fabrics and it'll come up :-). It's one of those fabrics that I wish I'd bought the rest of the bolt!!! I have just a bit left which makes its way into my I spy quilts :-).

Jacqui in Canada