Friday, November 14, 2008

I think God is a quilter

I Think God is a Quilter



I think God is a quilter, Who takes His needle and thread To piece our world from nothingness, And give it form instead.

I think God is a quilter, And everything I see Are pieces from His careful hand, From tree to bumblebee.

I think we see God’s stitches. His texture everywhere; The velvet moss, the grainy sand, the silky strands of hair.

I think God is a quilter; Stitching tight and tiny rows, Adding to my scraps and pieces, Seaming everything He knows.

I think He cuts the patterns from what I throw away. He shows me how to use each scrap In His redeeming way.

I think God quilts a pattern from everything I live; But He can only stitch the quilt from what I choose to give.

I think God is a quilter, stitching strength where I am weak. Showing me that life He touches, embraces everything I seek.

I think God is a quilter, from the patience in each thread; Proving length of time no barrier; Treating time a gift instead.

I think quilts are lessons God uses uses to teach That our pieces and our remnants have kaleidoscopic reach.

So, in the life I’m living, with pieces everywhere I’ll give them to the Quilter, to stitch with loving care.

I’ll give them to the Quilter, unwanted though they be And with His work of quilting, He’ll make a quilt of me.

***I got this from the face book group "quilter friends"***

No comments: